1. Canberra – a garden city, where even in winter roses bloom. And here the whole spring riot of colors. You can see almost all colors of the rainbow. Beyond the usual eye color, you can meet even the blue (!) Trees.
2. The first thing that strikes the traveler – it’s a huge amount of parrots wide variety of species found in free conditions. It cockatoos, rosella, Lory and many others. But they are very timid, so enjoy and have carefully from afar.
3. A small number of people, especially in the evening. The city’s area is large, 814.2 square kilometers and the population – about 380,000, as in Vitebsk, while Vitebsk almost 6.5 times less than the Canberra area. Australians prefer to live in private homes, so there is only from the high-rise offices and shopping centers.
4. In the city of public transportation there is only a bus. He walks well on schedule. A special feature is that the weekend everyday numbers are replaced by others, and these buses run much less frequently than on weekdays.
5. In all cities of Australia, especially in Canberra, people are afraid of the sun. Australians go to the city always in sunglasses (even in winter) and hats, trying to close the skin from the sun and always use a sunscreen, leaving the street.
6. Having a large area of land in private houses, the locals do not make the beds here, as it did the Belarusians. In the yards only grows grass and trees.
7. No high metal or any more fences and gates. Maximum – a fence of flowering shrubs. It comes to the ridiculous: the plant fence, and in the middle a small gate.
8. The main document for Australians – this law. The driver’s license is at all. Any 16 you, or 90. Because there is a name and a surname, and most importantly – address. Interestingly, the law in Canberra available at the library.
9. Machine in Canberra to stay in cheaper than a bicycle. The cost of renting the car for a day – from 30 to 40 AUD, while rent a bike here is AUD 45 per 24 hours.
10. A single ticket for the bus is more expensive here than in big cities with Sydney or Melbourne – 4,5 AUD. However, if you buy a travel card, you get a much cheaper – between 2 and $ 3, depending on the time and day of travel. For students there are discounts, and for pensioners – and even free of charge.
11. Winter in Canberra relatively cold for Australia, to an average of -5 degrees at night. Our usual central heating system is not. We have to be heated, air-conditioned, as, indeed, and cool in hot weather. The weather here is very changeable, and in one day you can visit both in the summer, autumn and winter.
12. Most of the cars are bright, very little black. Most likely due to the weather conditions, because the majority of the year-long heat.
13 Australians, in general, friendly people, and those who live in Canberra and all. Passers-by always greet each other and ask how are you doing.
14. In Canberra are very few pedestrian crossings, and those who have – land, groundwater is not really anywhere. Perhaps they do not need it, that is. To. The people mostly traveled by car. Pedestrians walking on the street, there are very few.